Popular Posts

Monday 18 June 2012

Mary Berry's Very Cherry Trifle!


 

Hi!  My name's Julia, and I'm addicted to the Great British Bake Off!

I looooooooooove Paul and Mary.  I want to live with them, I want to carry around mini versions in my pocket....  you get the idea!

So when I read about Mary's cherry trifle in Delicious magaxine, I knew it had to be my showstopper challenge dessert!

It is sooooooooooooooo easy you must make it!


Mary's royal cherry trifle


Click on the official picture for her recipe, but keep reading and I'll break it down for ya...

Ingredients
2 cherry madeira cakes
a jar of cherry jam
2 packs of glace cherries (or stoned cherries)
Some cherry liquer or cherry juice
fresh custard
double cream
fresh cherries to decoorate

Method
Slice the madeira cake and stick toegther with cherry jam.
Pour some cherry liquer or juice into a bowl and dip the cake sandwiches in.
Line your bowl with cake sandwiches.  When you've used them all, pour some liquer or juice over them.
Cook the glace cherries and the rest of the jam in a saucepan.
Pour the cherry mixture over the cake sandwiches.
Top with custard and whipped cream.  (I added some extra juice to my cream for taste - and it made it ever so slightly pink!)
Decorate with fresh cherries.

Sooooooo easy, but so effective!  Someone stopped my MIL when she was tidying it away and told her how delicious it was -  was proud! :)

My version of Very Cherry Trifle:



No comments:

Post a Comment