Popular Posts

Saturday 3 March 2012

Paul Hollywood Bread!


As many of you know, I am an avid Bake Off fan. My mum very kindly got me the Bake Off book for Chrimbo, and I have decided to set myself a different baking challenge every week, either Bread, Cakes, Biscuits, Patisserie, Pastry or Showstoppers!

My challenge this week was to make Paul Hollywood's White Bread.

I used the recipe from the Bake Off book, but you can also view it on the BBC site here:

It worked really well! The only issues I had were:
  1. The dough over rose from my bowl! So I need to get a massive bowl to do the proving in, as a normal large bowl proved too small.
  2. I tried experimenting and making bread rolls from the same dough mix, but they burnt ever so slightly on the bottom and they were a bit doughy - I think they need a lower temperature.
  3. The dough hooks on my mixer did hardly anything, I had to get it out eventually and knead by hand. They are good for starting a loaf off, but to knead it to the 'elastic stage' you really need to do it by hand.
Overall, it was much easier than I thought, and it was delicious! It takes a long time, because of the proving process, but you can leave it on a sunny windowsill to rise and then go off to do some shopping or watch telly lol!

It was so yummy, I had some everyday for my lunch! Will definitely be doing it again!

Please post a comment if you would like to set a challenge for me. My self set challenges are going to be:
  • A quiche
  • A baked cheesecake
  • A chocolate celebration cake (for my brothers bday)
Have a go at Paul's bread and let me know if you have any bread making tips! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment